Product Manager Clinical Nutrition (id 1955)
The Product Manager Clinical Nutrition will play a crucial role at defining the business strategy and at implementing best-in-class customer focused campaigns with an experienced team of clinical sales representatives. We’re looking for a strategic and agile problem solver to bring our brand promise and core values to life using both digital and analog communication tools. You will work in close collaboration with the European Marketing team to align with company activities and messaging. Demonstrated track record with value-based and omni-channel selling is important to succeed in this role.
The clinical nutrition business unit is embarking on an ambitious transformation of its go-to-market strategy composed of 3 main elements:
- CONSULTATIVE SELLING: Clinical Nutrition has a diverse portfolio with new product launches and a rich pipeline. The offer has evolved from providing essential drugs to supportive medical device and digital service offering. You will support the team transition from cost-based to value-based selling and from product sales to integrated product-service offering sales.
- TENDER SHAPING: Tenders issued by hospitals to optimize limited financial means may results in quality trade-offs, and ultimately, compromised patient health outcomes. Together with the sales manager you will support the team approach tenders strategically to achieve the desired improvements for decision makers and stakeholders.
- DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT: The Covid situation has accelerated the digital transformation. Providing a seamless experience between both the digital and physical customer interactions will be key. You will play an important role in providing the appropriate tools to support the omni-channel sales approach.
- In alignment with EU guidelines, develop an annual strategic marketing plan with strong execution plan built in,
- Anticipate current & future trends in disease management and market environment. Utilize product knowledge and consultative sales skills to identify and meet customer needs
- Together with Sales team, shape the tender strategy, follow up on strategy efficiency compared to competition. Implement strategies to maximize pricing and product mix opportunities,
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with key customers to support current and future objectives, be comfortable in peer to peer discussions with clinicians,
- Work with European Marketing teams to ensure appropriate communication, alignment and extensive utilization of available resources and expertise,
- Drive development/adaptation of promotional material for the local market considering the appropriate format for omni-channel sales strategy,
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and resources forecasting with appropriate and robust business case for any significant initiatives proposed,
- Conduct market research, monitor industry and competitors’ activity,
- Interact positively and successfully with internal and external customers, coordinate tasks and resources with internal/external teams for state-of-the-art execution of projects,
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, involving all relevant stakeholders and being accountable for the overall project implementation.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years of experience; broad and seasoned business experience with product and service launch experience and a demonstrated track record of driving consultative selling. Evidence of achieving targets and getting results (ideally including sales and marketing management in pharma/devices industry),
- Degree in Business and/or Consulting experience is a plus,
- Good knowledge of country healthcare structures, national healthcare politics, hospital financing, reimbursement policies organization and history,
- Good knowledge of healthcare, pharmaceuticals and medical devices commercial landscape and competition; Continuously looks for business intelligence, competitive information to develop business cases,
- Ability to swiftly understand logistics, pricing, customer service and supply chain processes and objectives,
- Disruptive thinker, looking for value creation. Identifies barriers to change and addresses these appropriately,
- Experience in developing comprehensive communication materials targeted at various levels of management as well as variety of audiences (hospital management, healthcare professionals). Excellent training and facilitation skills,
- Passion for shaping digital interactions using a variety of tools and techniques going beyond zoom calls and webinars,
- Analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyse significant amounts of diverse information, able to simplify and streamline into recommendations for decision making,
- Can easily switch between keeping a holistic overview of systems and work processes and detailed troubleshooting when required,
- Prospecting, relationship building, negotiation and closing skills,
- National / regional tendering & procurement process experience,
- Budgetary knowledge and experience (including P&L),
- Works autonomously, self-starter; learns quickly,
- Ability to easily translate strategies into operational action plans, and to “get things done” with commitment and support from all stakeholders,
- A great communicator with customer orientation and strong interpersonal skills,
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French is a must.
- Reside in Belgium
Belgium Pharmaceuticals Employee
Belgium Biotechnology Freelancer