Medical Director Belux
This Role reports to the Western Europe Cluster Medical Lead and provides leadership to all Belux medical functions and is the country senior medical voice both internally and externally.
- Lead all medical affairs functions, ensuring operational excellence for customer-facing medical, evidence generation, and medical enablement functions.
- Partner with the Country Manager to align with country strategies and represent all medical functions at the Country Leadership Team.
- Represent the company as the senior medical voice to external stakeholders such as KOLs, Industry Bodies, Regulatory Authorities, Government & Payers.
- Ensure scientific leadership and therapeutic area expertise through local-global medical alignment asset by asset in partnership with Global Medical Affairs.
- Lead execution strategies, allocating resources to execute medical plans across therapeutic areas.
- Chair a Country Medical Leadership Team to align strategies, optimize resource allocation, maintain compliance, and facilitate issue resolution.
- Represent Belux medical and platform functions in the Country Management Forum.
- Role model the company's values and behaviors, embracing the company's purpose of breakthroughs that change patients' lives.
- Provide scientific guidance, insights, and expertise across the portfolio and different therapeutic areas.
- Embrace a lightspeed mindset, challenge the status quo, and empower teams to do their best work.
- Have a track record of building non-traditional, innovative medical affairs organizations, and growing and maintaining high-performing talent.
- Inspirational leader whom colleagues trust and look up to - thrives on transformation and understands and articulates change.
- Medical Doctor with solid education and clinical/patient experience strongly recommended.
- Significant industry experience or senior management experience in the healthcare industry.
- In-depth understanding of the Belux health environment, including its structure, policy, key members, and scientific societies.
- Profound knowledge of relevant international Codes of Practice, guidelines, and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pharmacovigilance, regulatory legislation, and the drug development process and their impact on the product portfolio.
- Line management experience and general business management experience.
- Proficiency in Dutch, French and English.
- Successful experience in a complex organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to hold people accountable and build effective teams.
- Strategic and innovative thinking with demonstrated business acumen.
- Ability to lead change and act decisively.
- Ability to anticipate customer and market needs.
- Willingness to discuss innovation and pharma.
- People management skills.