Director of Artificial Intelligence
For one of our clients, a growing diagnostic company based in the US and the Netherlands, we are looking for a Director of Artificial Intelligence. He/she will be responsible for creating the overall AI roadmap and for building a cohesive and comprehensive AI strategy for execution as well as providing technical guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and lead the AI team of engineers and data scientists that is focused on our efforts to develop and productionize artificial intelligence and machine learning models for image analysis and genomic data
- Guide the team's direction and technical roadmap, mentor junior members - while also being hands-on and a strong individual contributor yourself
- Develop new AI product ideas, novel analysis tools and algorithms to predict patient outcome and treatment response in breast cancer, incubate them into products and launch them commercially
- Think strategically and apply that through to innovative solutions
- Build a team to lead for all aspects of AI efforts
- Analyze and integrate large diverse clinical, molecular and imaging datasets to extract insights, and drive research opportunities
- Collaborate with product, science, engineering, and business development teams to build the most advanced data platform in precision medicine
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (AI, Computer Science, machine learning, Electrical Engineering or related fields).
- A well-developed portfolio of past software development, composed of some mixture of professional work, open source contributions, and personal projects.
- 10+ years of experience in relevant industry
- A minimum of 3 years as a lead in a data science role or in a medical device/healthcare role.
- Proven experience with Machine Learning techniques, especially on large scale datasets including imaging data.
- Strong experience working with genomic, clinical, or imaging data
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and willing to shift priorities seamlessly.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to diverse audiences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills and proven experience as an influencer with technical teams
- Hands-on programming experience
- Experience in leading and developing team
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly
- Can do-attitude
- Team player mindset and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in agile environments and comfortable with quick iterations.